Monthly Archives: January 2013
We need a new office!
I am raising money to cover the costs of moving into a new office. Currently, I do business from home and using my “mobile office” at coffeeshops and cafes. Rent, fees, and office equipment add up quickly and I need a little boost. Having a visible storefront will allow me to expand the training portion of my business and provide more jobs for my staff! Every dollar is valuable. In fact, if all of my twitter followers alone invested $1 I would be able to move into my office! If you want to invest more than a dollar, I have a few rewards for your investment.
Other Ways You Can Help
No one knows better than me that money is tight. Why else would I be here asking friends and strangers to invest in my business? If you can’t afford to give money, you can help by making noise about my business. Share this with YOUR network using the Indiegogo sharing tools.
Thank you so much!!
Remember Karla from Hurricanes & Hangovers? In case you didn’t read the original post and can’t be bothered to click over to it now I will recap. Three nice peeps sat at my bar recently and we had a nice conversation. Turned out one of them, Karla, is a fellow blogger. She took some photos and sent me some.
Fast forward to today. I received an email a couple of hours ago from Karla. Turns out that before they sat at my bar they were roaming around taking photos (the Golden Lion is riddled with great photo opportunities). As they were looking through photos from their trip they found this great photo bomb that they wanted to share with me for some reason.
Funny thing is I remember saying to the busser “Watch me photobomb these tourists.” Then they sat down at the bar and I had to keep my straight face. We had such a fun conversation that I totally forgot about it until this photo hit my inbox tonight. So much fun!
In response to my friend Armand’s recent post about things to NOT ask a writer, in which I responded “What’s your real job?”, I wanted to show a little glimpse into MY weekly schedule. People (who in all fairness don’t know better) often ask me the same thing. “So, what is your day job?” or “I used to tend bar part-time too.” Player, this is my profession!
Admittedly, many people work in tipped food & beverage jobs as a stepping stone, or as a way to earn some extra cash, or while going to college. Fact is, you can’t find a (LEGAL) job that offers more flexibility or cash / hours ratio. My recent stint on Monday nights at McCharacter’s (a local sports pub) is a perfect example. Monday nights was an open night for me. Some weeks were better than others, but on average I earned between $500-$600 a month EXTRA just by working one night a week. Most of that was in cash.
That being said, if I am in the wrong mood when someone makes a quip about my job not being a real job I can turn surly real quick. Don’t hate on me just because I appear to enjoy my job and yours sucks. There are plenty of people in all professions who just go through the motions in their daily work. I am not one of them. I recently changed my business card to read “Beverage Professional”, because I am. So as a reply to those who wonder what my “full time job is” I give you my schedule for this week.
- Monday 3pm-4:30pm Taste Of Flagler Planning Session
- Tuesday 8am-11am Mandatory Training Session
- Tuesday 5pm-8pm Chamber Of Commerce Meet & Greet – Newly elected officials throughout the county are invited to meet Chamber Of Commerce Board Members (I’m on of them)
- Wednesday 4pm-5pm Chamber Of Commerce Board Meeting
- Wednesday 5pm-midnight Bar Shift
- Thursday 5pm-midnight Bar Shift
- Friday 8am-10am Chamber Of Commerce Diplomat Breakfast
- Friday 11-5 Bar Shift
- Sunday 11-6 Bar Shift
There you have it. Those are my scheduled commitments for the week. In between I will be writing a newsletter for the Golden Lion, managing the marketing and finance of my own company, meeting and talking with prospective clients, and scheduling facebook status updates, tweets, and blogs for a few others’ companies.
Part time job my jolly ass.
This week you can get a little Tiki in your day as follows.
- Wednesday 5-close Golden Lion Tiki Bar
- Thursday 5-close Golden Lion Tiki Bar
- Friday 12-5 Golden Lion Tiki Bar
- Sunday 12-6 Golden Lion Tiki Bar
See you soon!
When I received my Timehop email this morning I realized the symptoms I’ve had the past few days were the same ones I had a year ago today. The other similarities of 365 days ago are amusing. Many big things have changed since this time last year, but I like to believe in the small things that make us who we are.
Facebook Status Updates from January 6, 2012:
- Sniffles and a sore throat this morning. Is it too early for a hot toddy? 9:24am
- Where’s all the white women at? (from Blazing Saddles) 3:52pm
- See photo to the left
Facebook Status Updates from January 5, 2013:
- What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here? I hired you boys to try and get a little track laid, not to dance around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots. (also from Blazing Saddles) In the wee hours of am
- Congestion and chills Thursday and Friday. Now I have a really annoying dry cough. Oddest progression ever. 10:44am
- See photo below
|“The flower that wilted last year is gone. Petals once fallen are fallen forever. Flowers do not return in the spring, rather they are replaced. It is in this difference between returned and replaced that the price of renewal is paid.|
Had a trio visit last week at the Tiki Bar and I caught one taking photos of me. After we chatted for a bit, I learned she had a blog called Hurricanes & Hangovers and we traded information. Here are a couple of the shots, with me in my full bearded & rasta cap glory. Thanks Karla!
Thanks to Karla Bailer for these shots. Check out her blog at www.hurricanesandhangovers.com
Want me to make you a drink? Here’s my schedule for the next few days.
- Wednesday: 5pm-Close Golden Lion Tiki Bar
- Thursday: 5pm-Close Golden Lion Tiki Bar
- Friday: 6pm-9pm Flagler Beach Veteran’s Park “Mocktails In The Park“
- Sunday: 12pm-5pm Golden Lion Tiki Bar “Sunday Funday With TikiTender”