Join me as I celebrate American Craft Beer Week at my cigar bar, The Humidor Cigar Bar & Lounge, in Palm Coast. We will be showcasing one brew each day, starting Monday.
From Sierra Nevada, widely recognized as the impetus behind the craft beer movement, to locally brewed Lunar Eclipse Stout we have a diverse list for you to try. While all the beers are available any time, we will be announcing specials each day for the showcased brews. Check the list below and try support small breweries this week!
What makes a craft beer? The following are some concepts related to craft beer and craft brewers:
- Craft brewers are small brewers.
- The hallmark of craft beer and craft brewers is innovation. *Craft brewers interpret historic styles with unique twists and develop new styles that have no precedent.
- Craft beer is generally made with traditional ingredients like malted barley; interesting and sometimes non-traditional ingredients are often added for distinctiveness.
- Craft brewers tend to be very involved in their communities through philanthropy, product donations, volunteerism and sponsorship of events.
- Craft brewers have distinctive, individualistic approaches to connecting with their customers. Craft brewers maintain integrity by what they brew and their general independence, free from a substantial interest by a non-craft brewer.
- The majority of Americans live within 10 miles of a craft brewer.
*source: American Brewers Association
Here is the list of brews for the week:
Monday: Sierra Nevada Torpedo (On Tap)
Tuesday: Anchor Steam from Anchor Brewing Company (Bottle)
Wednesday: Anderson Valley Brewing Company Summer Solstice (Can)
Thursday: Steelhead Double IPA from Mad River Brewing Company(Bottle)
Friday: Hazy Sunrise Wheat Ale from Tomoka Brewing Co (On Tap)
Saturday: Burton Baton by Dogfish Head Beer (Bottle)
Sunday: Pennant ’55 by The Brooklyn Brewery (Bottle)